What Is High Quality Content In a Blog?
Content is nothing but the data which we publish on our blog or website in the form of article. A content can be text image, video, info-graphics, GIF, etc. Content can be high quality content or poor content it depends on the data which you in your article. you can write quality content if you have good knowledge of the topic or you have done good amount of research.
- What Is High Quality Content In a Blog?
- Importance of Quality Content In a Blog
- How to write Quality content?
- What should be included in quality content?
- Quality Content Vs Poor content
- Conclusion/ Our Opinion
Importance of Quality Content In a Blog
“Content is the king,” if you have been in the SEO industry even for a while, you would have heard this saying lately.
With Google focusing more and more on content quality to improve search results, it is implicit for webmasters and content marketers to start focusing on their content quality and must develop writing skill to have better content.
Even if you don’t write content for the worldwide web, you should still work to improve your skills and provide your readers with the best content.
If you are wondering what it means and takes to write quality content, then you are in the right place. In this article, I would tell you what exactly we mean by quality content and how can you craft such content for your users?
No matter what purpose your content serves, be it providing complex information, entertainment, or news, your content should be worth reading. When I say worth reading, I mean a lot. Let’s dive in and look further on how to write quality content that ranks high on search engines.
How to write Quality content?
As I said earlier writing quality content is challenging if you are not good in that topic. So before you start writing make sure you have enough knowledge about the topic or invest good amount of time to get the certified content and then represent the content in your own words along with some additional stuff like pros and cons, comparison, survey etc.
Work on your writing skill
It may sound unreal, but it is a fact that practice makes a man perfect. Work on your art, and you will witness it improving. Build your writing skills; it would help you in the long run.
What should be included in quality content?
1. Make sure your content is user-friendly
Your content should be easy to read in the first place. Your readers should not find it challenging to comprehend the message you want to convey with your writing.
To make sure your content is user-friendly, eliminate any typing and grammar mistakes. Moreover, try using easy to understand sentences(avoid using long and complex sentences, mainly if you are writing for the web).
Once your reader starts reading the first sentence, your content should be so captivating that readers read till the last. Now you might be wondering, how could you make your content this exciting to read?
The answer is simple and straightforward. Make sure your content is not disjointed. Use smaller paragraphs; people don’t have much time nowadays; a large section can lower down your reader’s will to read further, whereas shorter articles would make it easier for the reader to continue reading without feeling bored.
When you follow all these suggestions, your content readability will improve, and people will find your content to be worth reading.
2. Content Should Be SEO friendly
Along with the users, search engine should also love your content. Which means you content should be fully SEO optimized so that the search engines can understand your content properly.
To make your content SEO friendly you need to focus on the below points
- Proper Keyword Research should be done
- Use LSI keywords
- Use Long Tail Keywords
- Content should Have on page optimized
3. Write in-detail
This one is crucial from an SEO point of view. When you analyze the search results for many keywords, you will find most articles ranking on the first page of Google are relatively long.
Their length varies from 1000-3000 words on average. Long-form content is considered quality content by Google, but making your content unnecessarily long would not work. You should aim for creating content that explains stuff in reasonable detail, and your content will automatically get longer.
- When writing on a topic, try to cover every type of question around the topic that you can answer. This would make your content profound and very helpful for most of the readers, as they could get all their queries solved in one place.
- When you can’t write about a related subject on your own, try sourcing from others or linking to others. If you give proper credit to the original authors, search engines would not mind.
- Moreover, linking to others would help search engines better understand the context of your content
4. Use fascinating titles
Start asking for feedback from your readers so that you can get to know if your content helps them.
No one would like to read your content if your title seems dead. A good title can attract a lot of readers towards your main content, whereas a not so good title can deviate readers.
You can do some research to find the best title for your content. Thankfully, there are plenty of tools available online that could help you choose the best title for your content.
Headlines can either make or break a game, so be wary about them.
5. Write original and Useful Content
While you could always copy or rewrite other’s content but you know how bad it may prove. Scrapped content is what Google hates the most.
Ever wondered how those bestselling authors write in such an engaging style? Let’s face it, Not everyone is born Shakespeare, but constant practice can make you even better than Shakespeare.
Being original is the key, while you can’t generate data on your own, but you can always represent it in your way. The best practice is to do research, gather ideas, and jot down the content without copying others. This us what we call crafting creative content.
Research about your target audience and get to know what type of content they like the most and demand. Write with your readers in the mind; if they highly educated people, you have the liberty to use complex words, but when writing for a general person, try to simplify complex terms to be easily understandable.
You should try coming up with unique content ideas that have not been covered by most of the people. Being creative is the key. This would aid you fantastically as a content marketer.
6. Include images
Content that engages users generally contains images to demonstrate things. Pictures make your content look more fabulous and easy to understand. There is a famous saying- “a picture can describe what a thousand words can’t.”
- Not just images but videos and infographics can also aid you in improving your content quality.
- Infographics are a great way of getting more shares for your content. Don’t believe me you can read here
7. Optimize your content for search engines
Everything we discussed until now are some general parameters to address your question- how to write quality content?, but for Google, it’s not the same.
For Google, Content that addresses user’s concerns in the most valuable way is called quality content.
For Google, content that is unique and has not been scraped from other sources is -quality content.
Search engines use specific algorithms to identify your content subject and determine quality, and thus these algorithms rank your content accordingly.
To make sure your content reaches most people, you need to make sure its search engine optimized. Search engine optimization is a broad subject, but you need to take care of only a few points while writing content, and your content will be all optimized for search engines. Here is what you should consider doing and what you should avoid-
- Research profitable keywords(keywords that people search for on search engines) and use them in your headline or title. Thus would help Search engines understand the context of your content.
- Use the keywords a few times. Keyword density is getting less and less critical, so avoid stuffing your content with keywords.
- Link to others and give credit whenever you source content or data from a third party.
- Try crafting long-form content that addresses users’ concerns.
That’s more than enough to focus on while writing content.
Quality Content Vs Poor content
|Quality Content||Poor Content|
|Meaningful, user friendly||Meaningless or unstructured|
|SEO Friendly||No Proper optimization|
|High Quality images||Low quality Images or No images|
|Full of valuable information which user is looking for||Summary or less or unauthorized information.|
|No Spelling and grammatical mistakes||with Spelling and grammatical mistakes|
Conclusion/ Our Opinion
For being a proficient Content marketer, you should know how to write quality content. While it may sound easy to do, but it takes practice to write the best content out there. All you need to do is follow some major doctrines while writing content and master them.
- Crafting great headlines, writing content that captivates readers, writing long-form content that is original and unique, would help you a lot.
- For the best, you can include images, infographics, and videos to make your content engaging.
- Most of the content we write reaches are audience through the internet, so we need to keep search engines in mind. Writing search engine optimized content is not any rocket science, as mentioned previously.
I hope this guide on how to write quality content helps. Thanks for reading, and let me know if I missed something important in the comments.