In this article, I will discuss what is micro niche blog in details.
It’s been clear since the recent Google updates, that Google is going to rank only the blogs which are more niche-specific, holding high authoritativeness in the niche, and having relevant specializations on the particular topic.
Google wants the blog readers to get genuine information about the queries they ask. And that’s what a micro-niche blog is about.
So if you are looking for success in your blogging career, no doubt you go for a micro-niche.
But remember, you provide genuine, relevant information on the same.
Stay tuned, I’ll get you going on the micro-niche field.
As of now, please read through the following write-up to get cleared with the fundamentals of creating a niche.
- What is a Niche?
- What is a micro niche blog?
- Advantage of a micro niche website.
- 5 Effective Tips To Make Your Micro Niche Blogs Successful
- Things you should know before you build a micro-niche blog
- Micro niche websites Ideas
What is a Niche?
Niche is a category or a particular region which is specific to a group of audience interested in similar activities.
When coming to blogs, we mean a “niche” by its specifications on which the blog is categorized.
For example, a food blog is created on “food niche”, a travel blog is on “travel niche”, a fashion blog is on “fashion niche”, and the list goes on.
Now, you might have heard about a “micro-niche blog” and wondering what it is about.
I’ll clear the doubts in the following. Have a look, carefully and try to realize it’s discriminations from a niche blog.
What is a micro niche blog?
When we talk about a micro-niche blog, then we are talking about more specifications.
That means when you are more specific about a niche, and keep digging more into it till you get a very specific category, you can name it as a micro-niche.
For example, as we have talked about “food niche blog” earlier in this article, there we were not specific to any particular food or cuisine.
A food blog can be a very vast field, where we need to discuss many and any food items, not any specific kind of food.
But, if we specify it more, for example, instead of food, if we make the blog on “vegan food” it becomes a micro-niche blog.
There is a very specific audience who is interested to know things about “vegan food” and not any other type of food.
So, from food, we will be shifting our target to “only vegan food” which attracts only a particular set of audiences to our blog.
Now, there can be a question like, why do we do so?
Of course, that should be the most common question that comes to your mind, that is why we are cutting down our audience?
Well, we do so, because it is easier to rank a micro-niche blog, as there will be very little competition.
One more thing is, as I said in the beginning, Google is signaling us to do so. It’s the best time that we understand this, and move on.
There are some more real benefits that a micro-niche blog offers us. Check out the benefits of a micro-niche blog here below.
Advantage of a micro niche website.
Keywords are not anymore the factors for ranking on SERP or determining the domain authorities.
The world is shifting towards AI (Artificial Intelligence), ML ( Machine Learning) and so does Google.
So, retain the glory, you must focus on the semantics, or to cut it short- the LSI Keywords.
Now, if your blog is on a micro-niche, you must be surely having a good stock of semantics.
And remember, not only the LSI Keywords but the search engines are looking for the topics written in the blog and what is the intent behind writing that topic in your blog.
Things are becoming simpler. But bloggers who were not focusing on any particular niche till now will start facing issues for sure.
So to win the race, you need to wisely shift your “intent” to a micro-niche.
5 Biggest Advantage of Micro Niche blog.
- Micro-Niche sites get the most target-based audience, who are more relevant, have more potential to get converted into sales.
- You don’t need tons of articles to be written. You need around 15 to 20 high-quality articles written based around a specific long-tail keyword. That’s it, you are done, just wait for the traffic to generate income for you.
- It’s not time-consuming to create articles for a micro-niche site as you keep creating content on the same topic, and you already have good knowledge of it.
- It’s too easy to rank the articles on top, as you will be working on very specific long-tail keywords that have very little competition.
- As the CTR (Click Through Rate) and conversion rates are high, you get very high CPC. Even your CPC can touch up to $50 (Read one of my articles in this blog on “How to Find High CPC in India” where I have shared all the secrets of making money through high CPC keywords. )
5 Effective Tips To Make Your Micro Niche Blogs Successful
- Unlike other normal sites, micro-niche sites must not be active always. You can create high-quality, informative, helpful articles for a micro-niche blog and after posting say around 15-20 articles, just keep it like that. The site will keep generating income for you passively for years to come. That’s good it is!
- You gather relevant traffic, followers, through a micro-niche blog who starts trusting you just because of the information they gain from you. That’s how you build up a fan base whom you can redirect to some other website/convince them easily to purchase any of your products, etc.
- Not only the website, but you too start getting fame, popularity, trust which is great for your portfolio and career.
- You can help the society by creating awareness through a micro-niche site. The things become easier as you get all the like-minded people together in one place. Just you need to broadcast an announcement on the blog, you get that thing going.
- The current technology and the technology that is going to come in the future will always prefer the micro-niche site, as they don’t confuse the readers, they give exactly what people need to know. So the data-driven world will more likely to be dependent on the micro-niche sites more in the future. So we can call the micro-niche sites as the future-proof passive income-generating tool.
Things you should know before you build a micro-niche blog
It’s profitable to create a micro-niche blog, accepted. But do you know all the pros and cons of creating such sites? Or do you have enough information to get started with it?
I have tried pointing out some important features of a micro-niche blog which one must know before giving it a shot. So check that out!
- It takes a hell lot of time to rank and start getting traffic to a micro-niche blog.
- It needs specialization to write content on for a micro-niche blog, because the readers look for the writer’s specialization in this case, and also the blog’s authoritativeness.
- The search volume gets decreased to very less. So you need to make sure that you attract enough content to attract enough traffic.
- As the authoritativeness increases, sometimes for some micro-niche blogs, the admin/author has to be proactive in answering people’s queries/comments to maintain user-engagement.
- Okay, this last point might be a bit funny, but it’s very practical. That is, you might get bored of writing the same type of content again and again on a regular basis. Right! So think about it several times before committing yourself to a micro-niche blog.
Tip: It might be frustrating when initially in spite of writing very high-quality articles if your blog doesn’t rank and generate a decent amount of traffic. It’s very natural, that’s what happens to all of us. So don’t get demotivated, micro-niche blogs are the gold mines. Keep working on it, you won’t repent later.
Micro niche websites Ideas
In order to select a perfect micro-niche blog that works for you, you need to find out whether you have any specialized skills on which you can make the blog and then bifurcate more into that particular niche on something you are the best.
Wait! This is not the only solution.
If you don’t find anything as such, don’t get depressed.
The tools are there to help you out! Check out a very helpful tool called“Long Tail Pro”.
Find out a long tail keyword that suits you the best (best means on which you think you can write articles about).
Then find out the important questions which are frequently asked on the web by people based on that keyword.
Write down all those important questions in a notebook or in an excel sheet.
Then start doing your extensive study on that particular topic. Most likely, if you pick the topic of your choice, then after a month or so of extensive research, you will have good knowledge of that topic.
It’s time to get started with the action then. What else? Start creating informative articles following those lists of questions until you have enough content in your blog to attract traffic.
5 ideas of Micro niche websites
- You can take any specific brand of electronic items. like Samsung, Dell, Lenovo, Sony, etc. and list down the products of the particular brand only. You will a good amount of traffic for those brand lovers on every new product launched of that brand
- Target automobiles industry pick any brand like Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, TVS, Hero.
- Height niche is evergreen nice you can pick any topic. Write about only lose weight, gain weight, build pack, hair issues, etc
- Review website of any specific brand products. Collect data about the brand and give your opinion on the same.
- Build your micro niche blog on children’s study or toys or health issue, I mean you can target only children in your blog
Before you start any micro niche blog we strongly recommend you follow these 25 golden rules to make your website successful.
I hope, you have got some idea about “what is a micro-niche blog?”, “what are the benefits of a micro-niche blog?”, “what are the drawbacks of a micro-niche blog?”, “how to start a micro-niche blog?” Well, that’s what I wanted to convey to you. So, stick to your choice, and one thing I can tell you that micro-niche sites are the income sites. It will give you returns very lately, but when it returns, you will be the luckiest person on earth!