Are you planning to have your own website or blog?
Or you have a website but not getting expected results or revenue from it.
Don’t worry; I am here to help you.
The question is, what makes a website successful, and how should you fulfill that to create a successful website? In this article, I am going to tell you precisely the same, so keep reading.
- What is a Website?
- 5 Major Reasons Why the Majority of Websites Fails
- Why are you building a website?
- 25 Most Effective Tactics To Create a Successful Website
- Master Plan To Create a Successful Website
- 1. Choose your niche
- 2. Select The Platform or Technology
- 3. Choose a Domain Name (if unique buy else don’t buy)
- 4. Find Your Target Country And Audience
- 5. Get a beautiful website designed (Theme)
- 6. Design a Professional Logo
- 7. Proper Keyword Research
- 8. Draft Your Planned Content.
- 9. Be Ready with your visuals (Images, Infographics, gifs, and videos
- 10. Buy Domain & Hosting
- 11. Prepare Social Media Platforms to create an outstanding website
- 12. Design Your Website
- 13. Start Posting Contents
- 14. Start On-Page SEO To Optimize The Content
- 15. Submit SiteMap.xml
- 16. Start Off-Page SEO To Rank The Website
- 17. Configure Google Web Master tool And Track website Ranking & Keywords
- 18. Configure Google Analytics To Monitor Traffic Source
- 19. Be Consistent And Have Patience To Make Your Website Successful
- 20. Keep Tacking Your Website
- 21. Work On Source of Free and Paid Traffic
- 22. Build a Relationship With Other Bloggers
- 23. Be True, Honest and Real
- 24. Get feedback and implement it
- 25. Don’t hesitate to invest (Bonus Tips)
- How do successful websites make money?
- The verdict
What is a Website?
Before we begin, let me give you a brief intro of what precisely a website is for some of my non-techy readers.
This is how Techopedia defines a website.
“Website is a collection of publicly accessible, interlinked Web pages that share a single domain name.
Websites can be created and maintained by an individual, group, business, or organization to serve a variety of purposes.
Together, all publicly accessible sites constitute the World Wide Web.
A website is also known as a web presence.”
Let’s start with the reason, that way most of the websites or blogs fails
5 Major Reasons Why the Majority of Websites Fails
- Lack of proper guidelines.
- No proper planning or research before starting the website.
- No patient
- cost planning
- Lack of SEO ( Learn the Basics Of SEO in Easy Words )
We are living in a world powered by technologies, so we must try to use those technologies for our best. One such technique is the Internet. We always use the Internet in our daily lives and access a lot of information via a lot of websites.
These websites are there to make a profit(most of the time). Yes, sites could make you money, so what about building a website for your own and start making money? Do you wish to make money online without Adsense?
Wait, it’s not that easy. You would not be able to make money just with a mediocre website; you would need to make a successful website to do so.
Why are you building a website?
First thing first, before we begin working on any task, we should be clear of our goals. You should sit down and conclude why you are going to invest your money and energy in building the website?
If your explanation is to make money, then I am sorry, but this would be a wrong approach. While yes, your ultimate goal should be making money from the website, but you should not work with this in mind as you might lose patience if you don’t see any money coming in. Set your goal as building a successful website and work for it. Having the right attitude is always beneficial.
A clear objective would also help you in getting the website designed accordingly. Decide your goals and move ahead on building a successful website.
I hope now we are all on the same page, so let’s begin.
25 Most Effective Tactics To Create a Successful Website
Let’s divide the 25 Tactics into subparts have a better understanding.
- Select The Platform or Technology
- Choose Your Niche
- Set Your Budget
- Choose a Domain Name (if unique buy else don’t buy)
- Find Your Target Country And Audience
- Get a Beautiful Website Designed (Theme)
- Design a Professional Logo
- Buy Domain & Hosting
- Proper Keyword Research
- Draft Your Planned Content.
- Be Ready with your visuals (Images, Infographics, gifs, and videos
- Prepare Social Media Platforms.
- Design Your Website
- Start Posting Contents
- Start On-Page SEO (Read the latest technique to do On-Page SEO)
- Perform Off-Page SEO
- Configure Google Web Master tool
- Configure Google Analytics
- Be consistent
- Connect to your audience
- Work On Source of Free and Paid Traffic
- Keep Tacking Your Website
- Build a Relationship With Other Bloggers
- Be True, Honest and Real
Master Plan To Create a Successful Website
Let’s explore the planning phase.
1. Choose your niche
This is the very first thing. Do you want to start a blog on health, then health and fitness is your niche. Or do you want to own a political blog? Or what about an affiliate review site?
Decide what type of website you seek to make money. While choosing the niche of your website, keep in mind that some niches are less profitable while others are more. So they are less competitive while others are more. So be wary about profitability and competition in your slot while deciding it. If you are planning to have a business website, then you can skip this step.
2. Select The Platform or Technology
Either you are a techy guy or a non-techy guy you can choose the platform or technology to build your dream website.
There are multiple technologies and ready platforms (drag and drop) are available in the market to build a successful website.
Some of the technology is given below. If you are good at programming then select your desired language to create a successful website.
- visual basics
Few of them are for the techy person and few are for non-techy guys.
- WordPress ( Free* and paid hosting option available )
- Blogspot ( You will get free hosting for a lifetime)
- Wix ( Free* and paid hosting option available)
If you want to create your dream website by using a ready platform with drag and drop facility you can use any of the above platforms.
If you are not much into website designing and programming, then I would suggest you build the website on WordPress. WordPress is super easy to use content management tools. The best choice using WordPress as your back end technology and getting a custom WordPress website.
3. Choose a Domain Name (if unique buy else don’t buy)
The domain is the address of your website or only the name if you exclude the extension.
Website(domain) name plays a vital role in SEO, if the domain name contains keyword then it ranks a little faster then the ordinary domain name.
- Your domain name should reflect your niche.
- Short names or long names both are good but short is preferable.
- The extension of the domain should be proper.
- For a micro niche website, the keyword should be in the domain name for more effective SEO results.
We strongly recommend, always buy the domain name for long time period of more than 2 years or 3 years. This is also one of the Google ranking factors.
If you are not able to find a good domain name then try these URLs that will help you to give an idea by suggesting the domain name as per your input.
Domain name Generator
Choose a domain name that is memorable and is to read and speak.
A perfect domain name could help you increase your brand reputation.
4. Find Your Target Country And Audience
If you are planning to make your website successful then you should know your target audience so that you can share your content according to them.
So it’s time to think about your target country and audience and plan your content accordingly to that.
Because all the countries have a different type of audience and their mindset and expectations.
You can drive country-specific targeted traffic by following these 14 Ways to Get Country Specific Website Traffic.
Plan your hosting as per your targeted country for better results.
Execution Plan to create an extraordinary website.
5. Get a beautiful website designed (Theme)
No one likes to surf a website that looks bad. So make sure to have a website that looks pretty. Use color schemes and designs in the best way.
You would for sure not like people visiting your site and going back without yielding any profit for you.
What is the mean of traffic if it dies not converts. To make sure you don’t face such conditions, keep your website conversation optimized.
The way to do so is building
- A good looking website that loads fast.
- Is responsive on all sorts of devices?
- And have Called to action buttons, email pop-up adaptability, etc.
- Is easy to navigate (contains menus and internal linking buttons etc.)
- Most important of all, your website should be user-friendly.
6. Design a Professional Logo
The logo is an icon that represents your website. If you really want to create a successful website then you must invest some amount to have a professional high-quality logo.
You can create a free logo from canvas and logomakr.
While the branding of your website you can use that logo.
7. Proper Keyword Research
Now you are ready with your website theme and logo.
The next step is to start research about what people like and search over the internet by using keywords.
Keywords are the backbone of any article.
If you have not done proper keyword research then it’s difficult to rank or get traffic on your website.
As a beginner, you should focus on less competitive keywords with medium search volume.
Things you should know before you start keyword research:
- Search volume: How many people search a particular keyword in a month.
- Difficulty Level: How much difficulty that keyword has means how many people are working on that keywords as many people will be work the difficulty will be that much high.
- CPC: What is the cost per click rate of the keyword.
- Competitor: Who is ranking in the top 10 SERP on that keyword.
Invest time to do keywords so that you can create a successful website.
8. Draft Your Planned Content.
Its time to draft your content.
Use those keywords which you have already collected by doing research as we discussed in the previous step and start writing your content by using those keywords.
Writing content is a little tricky if you are not an expert, in that case, you could hire a professional copywriter for such a task.
These people are skilled in writing captivating text that converts your visitors into leads and customers.
But we strongly suggest you to write the content on your own that will give you more satisfaction.
You can refer to this complete Guide on how to write quality content for better understanding.
Once your design is ready, its time to fill in some quality content in it. Write some quality copy for your website.
9. Be Ready with your visuals (Images, Infographics, gifs, and videos
Visuals are easy to remember and understand so use images, infographics, gifs, and videos in your content.
while writing the content use these visuals at the right place to make your user understand the concept.
10. Buy Domain & Hosting
As I said earlier if your domain name is unique and you feel like someone may buy this then you can buy the domain name at the beginning step only.
Otherwise, you can buy a domain name & hosting once your planning is complete and you are ready with your content along with visuals.
Why you should not buy the domain name & hosting at the beginning phase.
Your hosting service provider should be reliable, as you may need their help many times.
The hosting service should be fast as site speed is one of the search rankings factors.
Your hosting service should offer a wide array of plans, so you should move back and forth to see what suits your requirements.
Why you should not buy the domain and hosting in the planning and preparation phase?
Planning and preparation take around 1-2 months if you buy the domain at the beginning then you will simply lose 2 months of your domain age without using it. So why not buy the domain name once my theme, content, logo, and visual are ready.
This is my personal experience, and trust me it really helps a lot to create a successful website.
11. Prepare Social Media Platforms to create an outstanding website
Before you make your website live we recommend you to have some followers on multiple social media platforms, as per your target country or audience.
You can use images and videos or podcasts on social media platforms to gain real followers.
You can use the below social media platform to drive traffic on your new website.
- Reddit (mostly USA, UK, Canada traffic source)
Note: Fake followers will not help you to gain traffic so avoid shortcuts to get Like and followers on any of the social media.
You can post valuable and quality content and run a campaign to gain real and genuine followers.
Now u have the plan, and data both are ready, now start designing and start posting your ready content
12. Design Your Website
Not its time to design your successful website by using the template which you have already decided.
Website look matters so be professional keep your website clean and informative with proper navigation so that what your audience is looking for can get easily.
While designing, select proper font, font color, and headings color so that you can give a professional look of your website.
NOTE: Theme must be responsive and fast so keep your visual lightweight (50KB -70KB Max) optimize them properly.
13. Start Posting Contents
This one is critical.
Content Marketing is on fire, from small businesses to large multinational companies, everyone is using the power of content to drive traffic and sakes.
You should not lag backward.
Quality content can do wonders for you, so create content for your audience, not just content by constant quality content as I edged.
The most used form of content our blogs and articles, publish articles and blogs on your site regularly.
Your article should contain images and graphics and even video,s if necessary. It would aid you in improving the overall user experience of your website.
14. Start On-Page SEO To Optimize The Content
While writing the content you MUST follow On-page SEO Optimization techniques to make your article search engine friendly along with user-friendly.
Below are the actions you need to do to do On-Page SEO:
- Must include Meta Title and Meta Description.
- The main heading should be in <H1> tag with the focus keyword.
- Write subheadings in <h2> and <h3> tags
- write small paragraphs.
- use bullets and numbering in the article.
- user Images gifs, videos.
- User LSI keywords and phrases
- Provide outbound links so that users can find more information about the topic
- smartly do interlinking to navigate the user from one article to another article on your website.
- Article URL should contain focus keyword for effective SEO.
You can use a few plugins to optimize your article. If you are using WordPress use Yoast or rank math or all in one SEO plugin.
If you are using any other programing language then use HTML Tags for SEO
These things matter a lot to create a successful website with less effort.
15. Submit SiteMap.xml
Once the website is ready and the article has been posted then don’t forget to submit the sitemap.
Submitting a sitemap is nothing but notifying the search engine that you have the article and its posted on this URL.
Once you submit the article search engine bots will crawl and index them so that if any user searches for the particular keyword your article may come on the first page.
16. Start Off-Page SEO To Rank The Website
With your website, you want to reach as many people as you can.
This is possible with SEO.
While you can always use paid marketing for driving traffic, SEO is the best strategy for the long term.
While designing a website but, keep SEO in mind and design websites following the latest SEO guidelines.
Also, keep SEO in mind while copywriting for your website.
Here are a few things to make your site search engine optimized which comes under Off-Page SEO techniques.
- Link building: Publish quality content so that people start linking your content. You can create do follow backlinks manually from hight authority spam-free websites to boost your website ranking.
- Web 2.0 Submission: submit articles on other websites or subdomains.
- PPT and PDF Submissions. (Create professional PPT for submission)
- Guest Posting
- Forum Discussion.
- Image Sharing
- Question and Answer on Quora and Yahoo.
17. Configure Google Web Master tool And Track website Ranking & Keywords
Once your website is live you should monitor your website. Google webmaster tool will help you in finding
- Which keyword is ranking?
- Linking source
- Speed of the website
- Indexed or no index urls with error details
- you can fast index your new/recent published articles.
- Site performance
- Traffic performance.
18. Configure Google Analytics To Monitor Traffic Source
Google Analytics is one of the powerful tools which will give you tons of information. like
- Realtime traffic details along with region and page visit.
- Traffic Source
- Earning Details
- Daily report weekly report monthly report
- Bounce Rate
- Average Page View duration.
- Navigation flow.
- and much more information.
19. Be Consistent And Have Patience To Make Your Website Successful
You would not get a successful web site overnight.
It takes months and years to build a successful website.
Keep doing all that I suggested, and sooner or later, you will see results.
SEO is a long term strategy, so don’t feel demotivated if you don’t see immediate results.
Just keep practicing it.
Keep pumping out quality content regularly, keep providing your users the best value and experience, and results are guaranteed.
20. Keep Tacking Your Website
Once your website is launched, the maintenance work begins right away.
Keep your website updated with the latest norms. Wheater, it’s your design that sucks or low-quality content, keep evaluating and eliminating shortcoming.
Make sure no links on your site are broken if there are some then fix them.
Make sure your site loads fast. If it does not, consider optimizing your website for speed like compressing images or the code or choosing a fast hosting.
21. Work On Source of Free and Paid Traffic
There are a lot of ways you can encourage people to your website, like using SEO or paid marketing. Decide which one you are going to use the most and get your website designed accordingly.
You can perform these basic operations to gain free traffic on your website.
- Blog commenting on a similar niche.
- Share on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, etc.
- Image sharing
- Video marketing on Youtube.
22. Build a Relationship With Other Bloggers
Apart from creating and promoting a brand new website to make it successful, you should also create a good relationship with other people in your niche so that you can exchange your knowledge among them.
Creating a good relationship with others always help each other to grow together.
23. Be True, Honest and Real
If you really want to create a successful website then you should be honest with your work.
Be real whatever you are don’t manipulate your self by looking others make your own identity in the online world rather than coping some on.
Be true doesn’t give false or uncertain information it will have a bad impact on your online career.
24. Get feedback and implement it
Your visitors should be relevant to you. Care about them, what they wish to achieve when they visit your website. Ask them if they can do so. If not, find where you lack and fix it.
Create content that your audience loves to read; you can use a variety of tools to find out what people like to learn about.
25. Don’t hesitate to invest (Bonus Tips)
What a lot of people think is you would be able to make a lot of money with a website without spending any money. This proves wrong most of the time; you get returns when you invest. I do also believe that a website is a high return over investment business, but it is not like high return over no investment, so keep that in mind. Do invest in useful web design, paid marketing if you wish to, SEO, other tools, and skills that would help you along the way.
How do successful websites make money?
Do we just read a whole bible over how to make a successful website, but are we still clear what a successful website is?
A successful website is one that gets a constant flow of targeted traffic and makes money out of it. To achieve the latter one that is to get a continuous stream of targeted traffic, you should adhere to the practices mentioned above. And for the second one that is to make money out of it, you can do it in a lot of ways.
You can either sell your goods and services to your website visitors, or you could sell the third party’s products and earn a commission. This is what we call affiliate marketing. Tone more widely way is to advertise on your blog or website. There are a lot of platforms that pay you for running ads on your sites like media.net and AdSense, to name a few.
The most profitable way is either direct selling or affiliate marketing. Keep in mind you can sell both your goods or services on your website, and you can even sell digital products that have been in a trend for a while. An example of a digital product is an ebook or an online course. This is how to make money from a website.
Owning a successful website is an excellent feeling, but to experience that feeling, you would need to put in some hard work and effort. At times you would need to play smart than hard, and at times, there is no substitute for hard work. Adhering to the best practices and having Patience is the key. Thanks for reading and I hope you like this article on how to create a successful website.