Let’s understand SEO In Easy Words, so let me start with the full form of SEO.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. check what Wikipedia says about search engine optimization.
SEO is hard for those who are not passionate about it. It will be boring for you if you do just because you want to make money by ranking in SERPs.
- What is the purpose of SEO and why we should do SEO?
- 4 Major Benefits of SEO in Easy Words?
- You must know the type of SEO and its purpose.
What is the purpose of SEO and why we should do SEO?
There are major 3 purposes of SEO.
- Link Building
- Drive Traffic
- Rank Your Website
Let me explain to you the above purposes in detail so that you can understand it.
1. Link Building:
Link building is nothing but linking your website with other websites. Suppose some other website (www.someotherweb.com) has linked your website in his/her domain than in that case you will get one backlink for your website.
If the linking domain has a good reputation or you can say high domain authority, then you will be getting the benefit of that in terms of your website growth. That is called Quality backlinks.
Now the question is, will you get link juice from that backlinks then the answer could be YES if that link is a Do-Follow Backlink otherwise NO if the link is NO-Follow Backlink.
Till here is clear, but the challenge is why someone will link your website on his/her website.
These are the ways you can get a backlink from other domains
- Your content Should be excellent and informative
- Submit a Guest post and ask for a link (sponsored link)
- Write content on trending topics so that people can link to you.
- Use animated infographics to get backlinks
- Find Broken Links and approach the site owner to link your relevant post.
2. Drive Traffic:
The other purpose of Search engine optimization is to drive traffic on your website.
You can drive traffic on your website in two ways
- Manual Traffic
- Organic Traffic
Manual Traffic: You need to work hard to send manual traffic, As much you will work you will get that much traffic on your website. If you stop working traffic will also stop.
What You can do to get Manual Traffic?
- Social Share
- Participate in QnA sites like Quora, Yahoo, etc.
- Forum Discussions.
- Blog Commenting
Organic Traffic: To get organic traffic on your website the only way is to do SEO and rank in the top 10 results of SERP.
3. Rank Your Website
The ultimate goal of doing SEO is to make our website rank in multiple search engines.
4 Major Benefits of SEO in Easy Words?
The major benefit of SEO is, You will rank on the 1st page of Google or other search engines
SEO will have positive and negative impacts. positive in the sense of you will start ranking and will a good amount of traffic on your blog or website.
If you are not doing proper SEO or natural SEO and react over smart then Google may catch you and penalize your website as well.
- Boost Ranking of your website
- Grab High Quality Do follow and No follow backlinks
- Increase Alexa Ranking as well as Domain Authority.
- overall you can make a good amount of money from SEO if everything goes well.
You must know the type of SEO and its purpose.
Due to a lack of knowledge, most of the newbies does mistakes and get ban or penalize by Google.
Unknowingly newbies do something which googles don’t like actually.
So if you are a newbie or learner you must know these 3 categories of SEO in easy words before you start.
Categories of SEO?
- White Hat SEO
- Gray Hat SEO
- Black Hat SEO
White Hat SEO
Let me quickly tell you “what is white hat SEO“. It is nothing but a natural SEO. I mean let your site grow naturally do your work honestly.
Don’t do anything which is not acceptable by Google or any other search engine.
- Sending bots to generate traffic,
- Copy other content and put on your blog
- translated content or copyrighted images are not allowed
Understand the Type of SEO in simple words.
Basically SEO is divided into 3 types which are listed below. All these types must cover during your SEO activities.
- On-Site SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
1. On-Site SEO (All About Article Optimization)
In this SEO we focus on the website architecture. As per the niche, the theme of the website should match. The image quality we need to maintain.
- How the website should look.
- Navigation and menu bar design
- Side widgets placing
- The speed of websites
- Important pages of the websites.
- Mostly focus on user experience.
2. On-Page SEO
On-Page SEO is all about the article or the content which we post on our website.
We do On-Page SEO to optimize our content with respect to the search engine as well as user experience.
We need to follow some golden rules to satisfy the on-page SEO techniques.
Few of the things I am listing below follow these rules if you want to optimize your article.
These rules are valid for any kind of article are you are posting on any platform either your website is on WordPress or Blogger or any other platform.
- Use headings tags like h1, h2, h3, h4
- Always use bullets in the article to increase readability
- Write short paragraphs to engage users
- Proper placing of your keywords along with LSI keywords.
- Always focus on user Intent before you write any article
- Do proper interlinking to engage your user.
- Use outbound links to give additional pieces of information to the user.
- Visuals are very important for any article that could be a high-quality image or infographics
- Videos can be used to hold the user on your website
- You can also use the podcast in your article.
These are the major rules you should follow. Few of them are useful for the Search engine to understand your content and few of them are useful for the users to provide good quality content and better user engagement on your article
3. Off-Page SEO
It helps us to build domain authority and ranking our keywords/articles/websites in search engines. Off-page SEO has some techniques, among those techniques I personally follow these 7 powerful techniques of Off-Page SEO.
- PDF Submission
- PPT Submission
- Forum Discussion
- Article submission.
- Social media marketing
Off-page SEO is one the time taking task and it needs consistency. So I would suggest you do off-page SEO on a daily basis or at least alternate days for better results.
Let me tell you some facts about SEO in easy words to make you aware so that you can set your expectations accordingly.
The result of SEO doesn’t come in a day or a week, it takes months to reflect. SEO needs time, consistency, and honest work. Out of 3 types of SEO 1st, two types are a one-time job but off-page SEO is an ever-going process that you have to do on an almost daily basis to get better results.
Note: Don’t copy-paste content/images from other websites Google can easily catch this and you will lose all your efforts. You may get a copyright strike as well that will also spoil your website image.
So, do SEO honestly, follow people who are in SEO and keep learning and implementing.
Thank you for reading the article if found useful then feel free to share with your blogger friends. In case of any suggestion kindly comment on your feedback.